After watching How Google SEO Works Video – 2015 Authority Content by David Jenyns, I gathered the information below which explains Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy that follows the Google’s Guidelines. Per David Jenyns, SEO strategy should focus on Website, Technical, and Share.
Quick loading, responsive design, great user experience ( including mobile) are important factors for google SEO optimization. You can use tools such as
- Google Site Speed Page for website speed,
- Google Webmaster Tools for search keyword queries, links to your website, etc.,
- Google Mobile-Friendly Test Tool to verify mobile usability, which is now very relevant.
- Onpage SEO (optimization)
Create a keyword master list to include your keywords in one spreadsheet:
- your names/brands/products. List the most relevant names of people, products, and services,
- predictive & related searches. Think what keywords your prospective client would use to search for a company like yours,
- analytics & site searches.
You will use the master list to optimize your web pages for keyphrases that can bring visitors to your site. You can use tools such as
- Google keyword planning tool,
- Screaming Frog to crawl your website for optimization.
For best optimization, you should map the information in a spreadsheet to include the following metadata:
Notes | URL | Title | description | 1 keyword per page (enter this keyword on title/description/body)
- Offpage SEO
Take responsibility. As an instance, take ownership of your link profile.
Build your reputation. As an instance, watch who’s linking to your website (you can look into this in Webmaster Tools). Let people know who’s responsible for the website and who created the content of the page.
Content marketing strategy goes hand in hand with SEO strategy.
Pay special attention to authority content, which is the process of creating helpful, consistent content to draw attention and engage clients and prospects. By consistent, we mean update your site frequently. Create great quality content that helps clients and prospects. Video content is the secret. In 2018, 75% of Consumer Internet traffic will be online video.
- Share local directory reviews from guests, suppliers, and authorities. Use email, and PR.
- Share your blog, and guest posts.
- Share Slides/PDFs, and Infographics.
- Send out press releases.
- Disclose your phone number in your site. A good location is the top right hand side.
- Use social media channels where your market target is to promote your website.
Author rank, which is part of the Google algorithms and it is in its early days, will be an important component in google rankings. Author rank focus on
- Page rank of individual articles
- Number of Google+ circles
- Number of sites the authors content is published
- Connections to other authors
- Content shares
- Comments received per post
- Engagment on Google+
- Automatically generated content
- Sneaky redirects
- Link schemes
- Hidden text and links
- Doorway pages
- Scraped content
- Affiliate programs
- Irrelevant keywords
- Creating pages with malicious behavior
- User-generated spam
- Comment spam
- Report spam, paid links, malware and other problems
Maria is an esteemed and celebrated independent web developer based in New York City. Her design and development work shows tremendous passion and insight, which she brings to all of her clients and projects with love, professionalism, and an esteemed work ethic admired by all who partner with Maria.