It’s very easy and quick to install a Twitter widget in your WordPress platform without a 3rd party plugin. Here are the steps to follow once you access your Twitter page:
- Select “Settings” on the drop-down menu you retrieve when you click your photo profile icon located on the top right hand side of the Twitter page.
- Click “Widgets” towards the bottom of the menu located on the left hand side of the page.
- Click “Create New”.
- Configure the settings for your widget and click “Create Widget”.
- Some code is generated. Click “Save Changes” so you keep a copy of your widget’s code.
- Copy and paste the code into your WordPress environment. You can paste it into a WordPress widget or file.
This piece of code is much lighter than any third party plugin. Therefore, it will help improve your site’s performance.
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] for more specifications.